The collection of personal data (your full name, address, IP address, cookies, phone number, email, date of
birth, place of birth, country of residence and citizenship, ID details and other analytical data) is required for
Compliance and Regulatory purposes when you submit a request via our online applications. This
information is required in order for us to be able to communicate with you, and, as required by law, to
identify who you are in accordance with Anti Money Laundering Regulations.
We obtain this information through your use of our services or other dealings with Fortrade including through any of our websites, apps, the account opening applications, demo sign up, webinar sign up, subscribing to news updates and from information provided in the course of ongoing customer communication.
When you interact with our services, our servers keep an activity log unique to you that collects certain administrative and traffic information including: source IP address, time of access, date of access, web page(s) visited, language used, software crash reports and type of browser used. This information is essential for the provision and quality of the services. We do not collect personal information about you while using the services without your knowledge.
We will contact you by email, telephone or mail to either:
- Request further information from you;
- Let you know of your account status;
- Make you aware of any financial market developments that might affect you and;
- Inform you of any offers that we may be running.
We only use your data in accordance with Data Protection Act 2017. This means that data we collect will only be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- Collected for valid purposes and not used in any other way;
- Used for the relevance and the purposes you have been made aware of;
- Accurate and kept up to date;
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we informed the Client about;
- Kept securely
Fortrade may use information for any one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide the services and products to you as a Client;
- To confirm your identity in line with the Know Your Client Rules;
- To maintain your personal profile;
- To manage your account.
- To contact you when necessary in relation to the services provided to you;
- To keep you updated with useful information, marketing material and with regards to your activities with Fortrade, including your trading activity;
- To manage the services provided to you;
- To manage the products provided to you and to tailor the website or services provided;
- To develop products and services provided to you;
- To provide you with information that we may believe are relevant to you;
- To create statistical data;
You consent to Fortrade using your personal information for the above-stated purposes. You also consent to Fortrade transferring your personal information outside the European Economic Area where this is necessary for Fortrade to fulfil its contractual obligations to you. Please note that Fortrade only transfers personal information to organisations outside the EEA if Fortrade has assessed the organisation as having appropriate controls and safeguards in place to protect your personal data.
Fortrade has to comply with money laundering regulations, which requires us to verify our clients’ identity and residential address. We therefore request clients to provide us with a scanned (or photographed) copy of your documents which will be retained on file for the duration of our relationship with each client, and continue for 7 years after that relationship has ceased. Alternatively, we may use a credit reference agency to verify your identity. Any such search will remain confidential and will not be seen or used by lenders to assess your ability to obtain credit.
Fortrade does not sell, lease or disclose personal data to third party affiliates or non-affiliates, except for the reasons
- In order to occasionally provide you with information on products and services you have requested;
- To offer you an opportunity to participate in the products and services our reputable affiliates offer, in which case we may share your information with them, but only with your express consent;
- Fortrade may disclose to a third party any of its clients’ confidential information if required to do so by a regulatory authority of a competent jurisdiction, by court and/or to enable us to provide you with our services as well as to improve our services;
- Fortrade will endeavour, to make such disclosures on a ‘need-to-know’ basis, unless otherwise instructed by a regulatory authority. Under such circumstances, Fortrade shall expressly inform the third party regarding the confidential nature of the information;
- We may disclose information to third parties for the purpose of carrying out credit checks or identity checks on Fortrade’s behalf and as required by our internal policies to adhere with rules and regulations;
- We may provide information to the Financial Services Commision and other regulatory and government bodies from time to time in Mauritius and other countries;
- We may provide information to any organisation at your request or any persons acting on your behalf, including your financial adviser, broker, solicitor or accountant;
- Any third parties where this is necessary to process a transaction or provide services which you have requested;
- We may provide information to any authority to whom Fortrade is required to disclose such information by law
Fortrade reserves the right to change or amend this privacy notice from time to time to take into consideration changes
- New technology;
- Practices, laws and regulations.
We respect the privacy of any user that accesses our website(s). Safeguarding the privacy of your information is
important to us, whether you interact with us personally, by phone, by mail, over the internet or any other electronic
medium. We hold personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files
and other records, and take steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access,
modification or disclosure. When we consider that personal information is no longer needed, we will remove any
details that will identify you or we will securely destroy the records. However, we may need to maintain records for a
significant period of time. According to The Financial Intelligence and Anti-Money Laundering Act 2002 and Financial
Intelligence and Anti-Money Laundering Regulations 2018, we are obliged to maintain records for a period of 7 years
after closing the relationship. These include:
- A copy of the documents we used to comply with our customer due diligence obligations, which include your
proof of ID and proof of address documents that you have submitted to us ;
- Supporting evidence and records of transactions with you and your relationship with us including transactions trading history;
You can unsubscribe from marketing emails by simply clicking on the unsubscribe link placed in the end of every email communication we send.
You may withdraw consent from us to process and retain your personal data until you have made a transaction with us. However, as a financial institution regulated in Mauritius, we are obliged to retain your personal data including evidence of your transactions with us, for a period of at least 7 years. Please refer to the section “How long do we store personal information?” for more information on this. It is your right to request to delete all of the personal data (your full name, address, IP address, cookies, phone number, email, date of birth, place of birth, country of residence and citizenship, ID details and other analytical data) from our records. Please note: as stated above, we are obliged to retain some personal data for a number of years. To request deletion of your personal data, please send an email to [email protected]
Under Article 37 of the Data Protection Act 2017, you have the right to obtain confirmation from Fortrade information relating to the processing of your personal data, including the right to request a copy of all data processed about yourself. To make a request, please write to us, verifying your identity and specifying what information you require. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested, but in most circumstances, we will not do so. We will acknowledge your request and respond to it within one calendar month of receipt of your application.
Fortrade reserves the right to disclose personal information to non-affiliated third parties for regulatory or reporting purposes as required by law, to protect our rights or property and when Fortrade believes that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with any judicial and/or other proceedings, court order, legal process served or pursuant to governmental, intergovernmental and/or other regulatory bodies. Fortrade shall not be liable for misuse or loss of personal information and/or otherwise on Fortrade website(s) that Fortrade does not have access to or control over. Fortrade will not be liable for unlawful or unauthorised use of your personal information due to misuse or misplacement of your passwords, negligent or malicious intervention and/or otherwise.
|Original Issue Date:
|Last Review Date:
|Next Review Date:
Risk Warning and Disclaimer: CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. Be aware, as a retail client you can lose all, but not more than the balance of your trading account due to Fortrade’s negative balance protection. Fortrade Mauritius Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Commission, Mauritius (FSC), SEC-2.1B investment dealer number: GB21026472.